Search Hotels

Check-in date

calendar

Check-out date

calendar
book thassos hotel booking now
sesoula

Currency Converter

currency converter calculate currency tourist foreign exchange rates
This converter obtains up to the minute exchange rates from Yahoo Finance by Thassos-Hotels.gr
You do not need to include a currency symbol such as € , $ ή £
You can include the cents decimal , such as 1345.89 if you like
Amount:
From:
To:


Partners

Untitled document
ROMGREECE imobiliar turismul comerţul România Grecia turism comerţ agenţii hoteluri concediu
book thassos hotel book now
Panagia PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Wednesday, 11 October 2006 01:16
panagia4_smallVirgin Mary is a traditional village of Thassos with rich history and with a lot of, unfortunately unknown aspects. It is one from the more important and richer villages of island. [Chtistike] ago 300 years roughly but in the Byzantine years existed settlement that had [t]' name “Anastasios”. We do not know when it took his current name. Little afterwards the revolution 1821, became also capital of island. The locality where is found, a ravine in the sides of mountain, him makes be appearred from [t]' of openly sea. The houses have covered balconies ([sachnisia]), have roofs from slate and in their interior have wooden investment. The church of village is big, and has [entoichismenoys] ancient stones.
So much the name of village what existence 11 [exoklision] declare the intense religiosity of residents. They distinguish, the [exoklisi] of Saint Athanassios that is built in 1818, the [exoklisi] of Saint Konstantinos and Helen, Saint [Charalampoys], that is built in 1820, Saint Ioannis of Theologian that is built in 1825, Saint [Panteleimona], Saint [Georgioy] that is built in 1830, the Decapitation of Saint Ioannis that is built in 1835 and Virgin Mary that is built in 1845. Important is the church of Virgin Mary, that is immediately connected with the social and economic life of village. The history of this temple is immediately connected with the history of village with certain however voids mainly in the years afterwards the Conquering and until the dues of 17th century.
Unfortunately, the precise date that [chtistike] the church is acquaintance. If we judge however from the fact that the village took his name from the church, then should be previous 1821, the year of Greek Revolution. The church, according to the delivery, was inaugurated by the Metropolite [Anthimo]. The 18th century, the residents of ancient city of Thassos (current Port) were forced, because piratical raids, to leave to the interior of island and to install itself in Virgin Mary, while the remainder residents reached in Virgin Mary in 1770, when appearred the there Russian fleet. Thus therefore increased itself considerably the population of village and was created the need for bigger church..
xrysiammoudia_smallThe work began in 1831, under the supervision and the work [kastorianon] craftsman, that knew excellently the ecclesiastical architecture. Money for the start of work gave the notables Redeeming [Aygoystis], [Aygerinos] and [Chatzis] Konstantinos, which exists sepulchral plate of in the grounds of church. Because however this money did not reach for the completion of imposing temple, was asked help from Mouth Athos. The abbey that it helped was the abbey [Batopedioy], that was also most robust economically. Thus, the church remains semifinished as for her height. In 1881, was completed also the news carved in wood chancel screen of temple, that it created from [boliotes] craftsmen. The [kastorianoi] craftsmen, gave in the church a lot of characteristics of Byzantine churches of Kastoria. The cupola is [yperypsomenos] and [oktagonikos]. [Kogchi] the Saint Step it is also [oktagoniko] semicircle. Her length reaches the 27,50 metres, the width the 18,60 while her height is 18 metres.
The walls are built with made of marble plates from the region of Virgin Mary. Remarkable is also the fact that were used made of marble Stones from ruins of ancient temples of Thassos. The rythm of temple is royal with cupola, with three internally declinable and with [imikylindrikoys] domes. Right and left the splint, exist two small spaces that are said “[grigitika]”, that is to say spaces for the olds woman old women. The notherner “[grigitiko]” is dedicated in Saint [Charalampo]. The temple has five entries, one central big from the western part and four that leads in adjacent declinable. The church is dedicated in the Dormition of Virgin Mary, however in t o temple exists a picture of Virgin Mary, with clue that brings date 1814 and with prosonymia Pantablepoysa.

panagia3_smallIn the village has abundant running waters and his square [siazei] one huge plane. Marvellously it is also the view that has the village, in the mountains, in the plain and in the plain.
In a quarter of hour [podarodromo] from Virgin Mary, we reach in “[Drakotrypa]”. It is a cave with stalactites and stalagmites, that however have not been explored in all the extent and in all the depth.
A alley from the entry of village lowers in the sea, in the big sandy beach that is said Golden Sand (or Golden Coast), in between [st]' cape of Tower and in the end of island [Gramboysa]. Efforts for to buy extents in this place made in the past few year the English.
The scale of Virgin Mary, they name him today Ditch. Near in a ancient well of village, are saved the foundations from a ancient building of classic years. From there, it begins a path, that it removes in the cape of Tower. This cape took his [t]' name from a tower that [echtise] there Thasios Akiratos at 5th B.C. Played the role of lighthouse and was at the same time grave of [Akiratoy], as it testifies a sign that found in the ruins.
“I am the tomb of Akiratoy, son of [Frastiridi]. And lie in the end [karabostasioy],
saving the boats that travel and their sailor. But you enjoy ".

panagia2_smallIf we walk coastally more beyond from the cape of Tower, we will reach in the cape Deep, then we will see [t]' ancient quarries in Saliari and afterwards antikrisoyme a line from small bights. In the depth, it is the big tourist beach of Makryammoy.
Virgin Mary is a live village all the by year's. Is been famous carnival that organises the cultural association each year. In the square of village exist a lot of taverns. Virgin Mary is famous for the sweets of spoon [karydaki], fig, plum tomato and courgette.
Pin It
Last Updated on Saturday, 01 January 2011 14:18
 

Hotel studios - Liberty

ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ ΚΑΤΑΛΥΜΑΤΟΣ  ΕΟΤ  0103Κ032Α0118901

περισσότερα >>

ΨΑΡΟΤΑΒΕΡΝΑ ΤΟ ΛΙΜΑΝΙ

Η ψαροταβέρνα το ΛΙΜΑΝΙ ,βρίσκεται στα Λιμενάρια της Θάσου...

studios -RANIA

Τα ενοικιαζόμενα studios και διαμερίσματα “RANIA” βρίσκονται στην...

Chatzigiorgis - apartments

Στο σμαραγδένιο νησί τη Θάσο ,στον κοσμοπολίτικο Ποτό, είναι...

Thassos Hotels στο Facebook
     




Χαμηλότεροι ναύλοι +/- 3 ημερών